Version 1.2.4 is now up on the beta branch.
For instructions on how to participate in the beta, go here.
- The Settings menu on the Title Screen and Pause Menu now has 3 sub menus: Audio Settings, Video Settings, and Game Settings.
- Audio Settings has SFX and Music volume, as well as the ability to switch between the 2010 and 2015 soundtracks
- Video Settings has the resolution and fullscreen options from before
- Game Settings has the ability to delete your current save game (Only available on the title menu)
- Fixed some problems with animation timings that lead to several audio bugs.
- Fixed some issues in Super Meat World with levels causing the game to crash.
- Fixed some rendering issues in Super Meat World's interface
- Fixed Super Meat World chapters not displaying fun or difficulty ratings
- Audio settings are now read at load instead of when "Press Start" is activated on the title screen.
- Audio bugs are MOSTLY resolved and unfortunately they may stay mostly resolved. While you may get the occasional double play of a sound effect there should be no more crazy garbled audio bugs like the cutscenes were experiencing. Unfortunately to fully fix this issue would require an overhaul of the audio system which I simply don't have the time to do, though, any garbled bugs that come up will definitely be addressed and resolved.
- Delete save game was a feature request by the speed running community
- Ordering Super Meat World chapters by Difficulty or Fun factor doesn't work and may never work due to how fun and difficulty ratings are calculated.
Things to look out for and specifically test
- Mess around with soundtrack switching, see if there are any weird things with it
- Speed Runners, mess around with deleting the save (remember to back up your saves in UserData/savegame.dat)
- Any double sound effects you can let me know, but note they may not be fixed.
- Any crazy garbled audio please report immediately with details.
- Play a bunch of meat world levels, see if there are crashes or weirdness.
Again, thanks a lot for helping out with this. It really feels good to resolve these issues...better late than never.